Sending Money - Only 1 character of e-mail acct shows - Can't send

kxbronco
Contributor
Contributor

Earlier today I was trying to send some money.  When entering the recipients e-mail address, only 1 character would show up as I typed.  It would allow me to enter the entire address, but only show 1 character at a time.  When I pressed tab (after entering the entire address) the entry box displayed the verbiage "Email, phone #, name" (something like that).  This was not an error message.  It was basically the label of what should be entered into the field. 

After about to have a stroke, I called PayPal.  They said delete browsing history and cookies (didn't change anything), suggested using another browser (didn't have another one loaded), and then suggested using another device (everything worked fine on my iPad).  When the error occured, I was using my Lenovo G50 laptop with windows 8.  I was using IE 11.0.9600.1866 update version 11.0.42 (KB4018271).  Also have Kaspersky Safe Money running as well.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?  Paypal was no help as far as what might be causing the problem.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Check your browser setting auto-fill on fields. 

Check to see what other services and apps running in Windows.  It seems like a backgroud app may be interferring.

Try a different browser.

Login to Me Too

kxbronco
Contributor
Contributor

auto-fill turned off.  Not sure I would know which apps or services might cause the problem.  Downloaded Chrome and it worked as it should.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Glad it worked.  So it was a browser issue. 
I only use Chrome and Firefox.  Sometimes I need to use Firefox rather than Chrome.

Never a Microsoft browser.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.