Scam Text Messages

MonaLS
Contributor
Contributor

I keep getting messages on my phone that ask if I recently attempted to make a payment and to reply 1 for yes and 2 for no.

"729725" "PayPal: did you recently attempted to make a payment for ? Reply "1" if yes and you will need to reattempt your payment, reply"2" if no, and the payment will remain declined. Msg and Data rates apply" 

What is this message and why am I getting it? Is it real? Is it a scam? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi MonaLS,

If you're receiving messages from 729725, they are legitimate messages from PayPal. If you aren't making the transactions they're mentioning, your PayPal account may be compromised. I would advise logging in and changing your password to re-secure the account. Then, check your recent transactions to ensure nothing unauthorized went through. If you see anything you didn't initiate, please report it right away.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi MonaLS,

If you're receiving messages from 729725, they are legitimate messages from PayPal. If you aren't making the transactions they're mentioning, your PayPal account may be compromised. I would advise logging in and changing your password to re-secure the account. Then, check your recent transactions to ensure nothing unauthorized went through. If you see anything you didn't initiate, please report it right away.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MonaLS
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I have done that. No unauthorized transactions went through. Thanks again, Mona

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.