Primary Funding Source & Bank Fraud

Temp20220722V
Contributor
Contributor

I have a credit card set as primary funding source and always confirm this before completing a transaction. On higher value transactions PayPal takes funds from the required backup fuding source (checking account). PayPal does this to avoid paying Visa fees. There are thousands of posts complaining about this bank fraud practice. 

Is there a way to protect our checking accounts from PayPal unauthorized withdrawals? 

Both the Californina State Attourney General and BBB websites have thousands of complaints about PayPal's skeevy business methods. On the BBB there are 7000 complaints. https://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/payment-processing-service/paypal-in-sa...

How does PayPal get around federal and state banking laws? Is it as simple a paying off the right policy makers?

If normal business people like myself, who have customer payment information, took money from customer accounts we would be in jail. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.