Prepaid Card.

Yexotic

Today I bought a prepaid PayPal MasterCard and distributed $40, I was pretty mistaken and upset by the fact that I was looking for a prepaid gift card instead, I am only 14 year old and I a unable to verify my card because I am not at the minimum age of 18. Is there any way to withdraw the money to my PayPal account instead because I am really upset that I paid 2.95 extra for the physical card.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Yexotic

I meant put in $40

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

If you're under age 18 you're in violation of the User Agreement.

Login to Me Too

Yexotic

I did not know as it I was originally trying to buy a gift card but accidentally bought the prepaid card

Login to Me Too

Yexotic

My parent help me sign up for educational use in school purchases

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

That's thoughtful of your parents to help, perhaps reading the first section of the User Agreement may clear things up.  Here's a snippet from that section:

This user agreement is a contract between you and PayPal, Inc. that governs your use of your PayPal account and the PayPal services. It applies to U.S. PayPal accounts only.  For an individual to open a U.S. PayPal account and use the PayPal services, you must be a resident of the United States or one of its territories and at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in your state of residence. 

Note, PayPal did have Student Accounts however, they were phased out in 2016 - now the minimum age for any account is 18.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.