Pending payment visa gift card

SjchNdle
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I sent my friend money from my pnc visa gift card account. It still says pending? Is there a problem on my end? How long before he gets the money? Also, his email and phone are not verified- is that the problem? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The payment may go back to your gift card. Check your card account and card agreement terms regarding how refunds are handled.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the transaction to get more details.  Do you see a link to go to the classic site there?  If not, use this link: https://history.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

Click the pending transaction to see the details. What does the status say?  Anyone of the following:

Canceled: You canceled your payment, and the money was credited back to your account.
Cleared: Money from an eCheck that you sent has been deposited in the recipient’s account.
Cleared by Payment Review: We reviewed the transaction and the money is in the recipient’s account.
Completed: The transaction was successful and the money is in the recipient’s account.
Denied: The recipient didn’t accept your payment, and the money was credited back to your account. View the transaction details to see why your payment was denied or contact the recipient for more information.
Failed: Your payment didn’t go through. We recommend that you try your payment again.
Held: We’re reviewing the transaction and your payment might be reversed. You should check the Resolution Center for more information.
In progress: Your payment was sent, but the recipient hasn’t accepted it yet.
On hold: We’re holding the money temporarily because either you filed a dispute or we’re reviewing the transaction. Look for an email from us with more information about this transaction.
Paid: Someone requested money from you and you sent them a payment.
Partially Refunded: Your payment was partially refunded.
Pending Verification: We’re reviewing the transaction. We’ll send your payment to the recipient after your payment source has been verified.
Placed: We have placed a temporary hold on your payment. Look for an email from us with more information.
Processing: We’re processing your payment and the transaction should be completed shortly.
Refunded: The recipient returned your payment. If you used a credit card to make your payment, the money will be returned to your credit card. It can take up to 30 days for the refund to appear on your statement.
Refused: The recipient didn’t receive your payment. If you still want to make your payment, we recommend that you try again.
Removed: The hold on your payment was removed and the transaction should be completed shortly.
Returned: Money was returned to your account because the recipient didn’t claim your payment within 30 days. PayPal members can manually reverse unclaimed payments before the 30-day automatic reversal.
Reversed: Either you canceled the transaction or we did.
Temporary hold: Money from your account is being held temporarily during the authorization process. The recipient isn’t able to use or withdraw this money until the authorization is complete.
Unclaimed: The recipient hasn’t accepted or received your payment. Unclaimed transactions are automatically canceled after 30 days.

Login to Me Too

SjchNdle
Contributor
Contributor
I cancelled it and it says the refund statement was completed but I have not received the money in my bank account yet
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The payment may go back to your gift card. Check your card account and card agreement terms regarding how refunds are handled.

Login to Me Too

Jarrettjjt16
New Community Member
Bro can you help me please
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.