Paypal money withdrawal in SLOVENIA

SanjaM
New Community Member

Hello!

After only finding articles about slovenian banks not being qualified for money withdrawal from paypal from years ago (2011+-) I'd like to ask if there is an update regarding this matter and if not what needs to be done to start the process. (frankly we are a country of 2million people, if you want something you often need to initiate it yourself)

Also what other options are there for money withdrawal - opening a bank account in a neighbouring country simply "paying" yourself on your bank account etc? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SanjaM

ok firstly this is nothing to do with us as this is a user to user help forum and not customer services.

secondly you can withdraw to a CARD in your country.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SanjaM
New Community Member

I went to my bank here in slovenia and just mentioning paypal they immediately said its none of their business and they know nothing about it. So i dont even know what the difference is between getting it onto your bank account or onto your card. I have a maestro debit card (and at this point the emplye there triedd to explain to me that my visa and master cards are actually debit cards and not proper credit cards because i pay in one chunk and not in pieces or something like that...) and a Visa credit ard and a master card (credit card). 

Confused to the moon and back ...

I'd just like to get the money from paypal to my bank account without some horrific charges. I also have a japanese bank account if that helps in any way but on paypal when clicking the add bank account it just lets me add an US bank account. Are there any options/settings to change it to japanese and use it with my japanese bank account? Or change it to german paypal (does on have to sign up on a different eg paypal.de site or actually live full time in germany?) i'm slovenian but i was born in germany - would that somehow help?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but you are the first contact who actually has a reply other than "cant do nothing, not our business" ^^* 

What could an ebay seller do if they'd live in slovenia? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SanjaM

I can only give you the information that is in the link.

You can withdraw to a debit or credit card in your country but you can't link an actual bank account.

But i do know from that link that maestro cards are not accepted but the rest of the cards listed in your country are accepted and you should be able to withdraw to one of those cards.

The difference between adding a card and adding a bank account is when you add a bank account it sets up a direct debit mandate between you and paypal to transfer funds.

But you can add a debit OR a credit card and the funds will go to your card and show on your statement.

BUT if you have a Slovenia paypal account then you can only add a Slovenia card with your address linked to that card in Slovenia.

The reason the US option is there is because paypal is a US company and so it allows its residents to add a bank account to any other countries paypal account if they are residing or working in that country.

Have you clicked on ''add card'' to see if you can link your visa card......but don't use the maestro.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.