Payment

momlife
Contributor
Contributor
I just placed an online order and used PayPal at checkout. My checking account is my default payment method. PayPal did not use my checking account but instead my debit card which then gave me insufficient funds in my bank account! I am so mad! How do I go about fixing this and not getting the overdraft fee? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Confused.

You wanted to use your bank account.  PayPal used your debit card which is linked to your bank account.  There were insufficient funds in your bank account.  So, why did yo want to use your bank account when there were not sufficient funds?

Login to Me Too

momlife
Contributor
Contributor
To better help you understand, when using your bank account your paypal payment doesn't go through until the next day in your checking account. When a debit is used through paypal it comes out of your checking account right away. My deposit goes in this evening..
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Next time don't make a purchase until yo have sufficient funds in your bank account.  Don't try to beat the system with timing.

Login to Me Too

momlife
Contributor
Contributor
Thats not really what im asking. I'm looking for help on what I asked. If you cant be helpful please don't respond. Keep your snarky comments to yourself!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.