Payment clearing

neongirl00
Contributor
Contributor

I made a payment about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it still hasn't cleared the bank yet.  I'm tryingn to get my bank account balanced.  Does anyone know why my payment hasn't cleared yet?  I haven't asked for a refund or anything.  Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

As there can be various reasons and there's not enough info provided to help figure out what is going on.   PayPal can hold funds up to 21 days.  There can be a problem with the receiver's account, there's no way to know that.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@neongirl00

Should never take more than a few days to LEAVE your funding source regardless of whether the sellers account has a payment hold or not.

Your best bet is to contact c.s. and see why.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

neongirl00
Contributor
Contributor
I'm buying something, the money hasn't been taken from my account..enough info now? The 21 days should be getting the payment released so the seller can do whatever with it. It should've been taken from my account already if I bought something. This week will be 3 weeks.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What was the purpose for the payment?  Did you buy something?  How did you make the payment?

Login to Me Too

neongirl00
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I bought something and used my checking account to buy it. This week will be 3 weeks since I made the payment....I'm confused why it wasn't deducted yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.