Payment Still On Hold

ckuester
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings!

I have received a payment on the 7th of January from an Ebay transaction. It is now the 31st and a payment is still on hold. 

I understand that there is a limit of 21 days, which could be reduced by adding a tracking number on your transaction. Delivery has been confirmed, but the customer has not yet left feedback. 

Criteria are for delays are: 

• You’re a new seller (whether on or off eBay); (nope)
  • You have a “Below Standard” seller rating on eBay; (nope)
  • The payment you received may be considered unusual for your selling pattern. (possibly -- I sold a WoW card instead of a MTG card)
  • Your account was inactive for a while (nope)
  • We found an unusual change in selling price of this transaction (it was sold far less than average BIN prices because it was a bid auction)
  • You’re selling an item that can potentially cause dissatisfaction with customers (if the card's code is claimed, then maybe -- it isn't)
  • We noticed you only recently started selling outside of eBay, so your history with us as an off-eBay seller is quite short. (nope)

If 21 days is not the actual timeframe, is there any place that I can find the information on what to expect for an actual timeframe?

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15
Solved

ckuester
Contributor
Contributor

I just called them (just today). Before I even told them what was going on, the lady already knew what the problem was because I assume that my account was pulled-up (based on my phone number) and she was able to dig-into my details. 

She said that "sometimes, because of 'updates in our system,' transactions are stuck on hold status."

I guess the issue was just a system glitch. 

Login to Me Too

wolfsue

Where did you find a number to contact anyone?  This forum is the only thing I have been able to find to get any answers.  I have never had a payment on hold, so I am thoroughly confused by this.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Click the the call as guest link for number and business hours.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

CHANNEL-ONE

A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM?

BS IT IS BY DESIGN!  to hold your money and make interest for Paypal!

Why should you and thousands of other members have to call to have your money released?

The buyer has a backup source, why hold payment to you? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nvrmnd

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.