PayPal Giving Fund problem

Victoria-nola
New Community Member

I made a donation via the PayPal Giving Fund in December. The nonprofit that was to receive the donation has never received it. I have tried to get help via Customer Support but have not yet been successful. Has anyone else had problems with this fund and/or can someone help me get this cleared up?  I am quite distressed that my money has not been properly paid.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

suntereo
New Community Member

I'm pretty upset as well. It seems that this has potential for abuse written all over it. Please see the reply I got below when I contacted support. If I hear anything back I will update this. 

------------

DaNeen,

Thank you for that explanation. However, I think there’s (1) either a bug or (2) there’s an opportunity for you to not be entirely honest on your end. I’d like to think it’s #1.

To see the bug, please see my screens below. The $1 test donation I made should be appearing somewhere, right? But nowhere on the site does it show that any $1 test donation was actually made. Can you please confirm that it is a glitch? As it is, I can’t imagine anybody in their right mind would direct their donors to your service… with all the fraud in the news re: misuse of funds, etc. I certainly won’t be using it without transparency on who is making donations.

Thanks,
Shawn

---------------

Hi Shawn:

Thank you for writing in, and for your generous donations. I understand your concern, and would like to assist you further.

First, I do see your $1.00 donation listed in the organization's PayPal Giving Fund account in the "Donate with PayPal" section under "My Funds Raised". Please also allow me to explain how donations are processed through our program.

PayPal Giving Fund is a separate non-profit organization that collects donations then distributes them to the organizations that you had chosen. We then pay those charities at the end of each month, making a single payment via EFT bank transfer of all of the donations we've received.

Generally, for donations completed before the 15th of the month, and the donor has waived their right for a refund, we forward the funds to the nonprofit organization at the end of the same month. If we receive payment after the 15th and/or the donor maintains their right to refund, we forward the funds at the end of the following month.

Please see our donation delivery schedule here for a better understanding of when donations are delivered to nonprofits:
http://paypalgivingfund.org/help/receiving-donations/us_donation-schedule.html

By combining donations into a single monthly payment, we are able to reduce transaction costs for ourselves and for nonprofit organizations. Delaying payment also helps us to reduce administrative costs, since we are more confident that donors won't need to claim a refund of their donations after we have paid the organization.

You can also manage your eBay donations from within your My eBay account. In the Accounts tab, you will locate your Donation Account. Once in your Donation Account you can review your donation history, update your method of payment, and obtain your tax receipt.

In the donation history section of your account, you can hover your cursor over the listing information to find more information about when you donations will be sent to your chosen nonprofit. You can find more information about your eBay donation account here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage-donation.html

Donations that are made through PayPal can be viewed in your PayPal account. If you signed up for recurring donations but want to disable this option, you can do this in your PayPal account.

I appreciate your time and patience.

Kind regards,

Name Withheld
PayPal Giving Fund
http://www.paypalgivingfund.org
http://givingworks.ebay.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 10/20/2015
I just sent $1 to "charity" to make sure they actually receive donations place through your service. There is *nothing* on their PayPal Giving Fund page that indicates they received the $1. What's going on? I Googled problems and someone said that you have the right to *not* transfer the money to the charity. Is this the case? Can somebody please confirm because obviously I do not want to use your services if this is the case. Thanks, Shawn

Login to Me Too

gatogatogato
Contributor
Contributor

They are the absolute worst.  Was your PGF initialed RP?

Login to Me Too

gatogatogato
Contributor
Contributor

I have been dealing with Paypal Giving Fund as I listed 13 items for 100% donation through Ebay for Charity US.  Paypal Giving Fund came up with some bogus reason why they could not get my funds to the Charites (which are all approved) except to say it was a glitch on my end.  Hours of phone calls later and talking to no less than 3 supervisors I find out it is not a problem with my account.  Then Paypal Giving fund says it is Paypals fault and they cannot fix it and they changed the status of my listings from donation to regular with out my permission and not seller and insertion fees are being charged on all listings.  So due to their complete ineptness and unwillingness to help I would say Paypal Giving Fund is bogus.

Login to Me Too

PayPal Giving Fund is a separate non-profit organization that collects donations then distributes them to the organizations that you had chosen. We then pay those charities at the end of each month, making a single payment via EFT bank transfer of all of the donations we've received.

-----   IMAGE,,,,, how much money PayPal makes each month in interest , when they hold your donations ,, as when they hold our money in our accounts for up to 21 days ..

they make millions in interest , we wait , just like your donation will wait,,, in a bank account , which will collect Interest $$$ 

standard banking account - $100. yeilds you approxemently $1.05 in one months time .. nothing really 

high yeild savings / investment account can yeild upwards 2.8% i.e. $100. = $2.80 in interest per month 

now true question is , how much money will they take in , in a given month $10,000,000. in donations ?, which would yeild paypal 

$280,000. per month ,,,, then they donate 1% and get a tax write off for it  lol the scams that billion dollar a year companies come     up with and try to pass off as something for the good of people , to prey on the holiday season to ride the guilt of people ...

Login to Me Too

HIR
New Community Member

Agreed that Paypal Giving Fund seems to have serious structural problems. but do the math right.

$100 @ 2.8% yields $2.80 per YEAR or 23.3 CENTS per month.  on millions of dollars that is still a chunk of change, but still.

Only ever received one donation through PayPal Giving Fund - which I have not received after 6 weeks.  Not sure what the hold up is.

We did not solicit this donation. The donor was doing me a favor.  

Lord save us from such favors!

Login to Me Too

gatogatogato
Contributor
Contributor

Raising money through Ebay for Charity is just not worth for one reason - the Paypal Giving Fund.  They are beyond bad and really do not seem to care.  I have $713 raised for charity and Paypal Giving Fund have held it up due to their incompetence.  Steer clear of selling or buying on Ebay for Charity untiil they fire everyone on PGF and replace them with people who actually care one little bit.

Login to Me Too

gatogatogato
Contributor
Contributor

Still no resolution.  Such inept and uncaring people work at Paypal Giving Fund.

Login to Me Too

gatogatogato
Contributor
Contributor

They are just the worst.  Better to steer away from Ebay for Charity until they fire everyone at Paypal Giving Fund.

Login to Me Too

brittdog94
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Giving Fund is a joke. They did not take out any of my donations since June 22. Then on November 10 and 11 almost $800 was taken out to give to my charity. I selected the "quicker" delivery option by waiving my right to a refund. My charity has not received any money although, according to the FAQs, it should have been received at the end of November. It appears that my money has disappeared.

I am a 15 year eBay seller and a 9 year seller for charity. I am tired of dealing with this so if no one can answer me or straighten out this mess by the end of 2016, I am done with it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.