PayPal Credit option not working on ebay

Kaeldra1
New Community Member

I've been trying to purchase an item for almost a week now on ebay with paypal credit.  I wanted to use paypal credit so I could have some time to pay the $1000 for the camera I want, but though it SAYS I can use paypal credit, when I try to select it only gives me the option for billmelater and then redirects me to APPLY for a paypal credit account despite the fact that I have TWO paypal credit accounts already.  I do not have any desire to open a third line of credit.  

I've tried contacting PayPal customer service and Ebay customer service to no avail.  They seem incapable of even figuring out why I'm having this issue.  I also contacted the seller to make sure they accepted PayPal Credit and they do.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating and makes me question using paypal credit in the future.  What a pain.

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

geomoondog
New Community Member

I have the same problem.  Everytime I try to use Paypal Credit, it fails the payment.  Not just on Ebay, but also on other vendor sites where they offer Paypal Credit payment option.  Very frustrating!  I think I will just pay off my balance and then not use it anymore or close it.

Login to Me Too

Goldeni4eva
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this issue now to ever since I pre-ordered the Xbox one x for 545$ and I called they would not help
Login to Me Too

Goldeni4eva
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having this issue now to ever since I pre-ordered the Xbox one x for 545$ and I called they would not help
Login to Me Too

juskym11

I'm having the same issue.  I try to purchase an item using Paypal credit and it redirect me to apply for an account (which I already have) and then denies me.  Very frustrating.  Never had this issue with Bill Me Later.

Login to Me Too

Artsgolfwidow
New Community Member
I agree. I've been trying to buy something on eBay and while I have credit available on PayPal credit when I go to purchase PayPal credit doesn't even come up asan option. What is wrong here?? Help
Login to Me Too

Droc
Contributor
Contributor
When trying to purchase a item on eBay it is not giving me the option to click paypall credit any help?
Login to Me Too

NoCanDu
Contributor
Contributor
I finally heard from customer service. I paid off my balance a while back and they closed the account! I didn't ask them to, plus it still shows up as an account with a zero balance in my PayPal account summary! Go figure...
Login to Me Too

Droc
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem with me let me know if you find something out
Login to Me Too

Rayw814

Why Can;t i make a small purchse,i have money in my paypal credit,i keep on getting rejected?

Login to Me Too

Kcacja09
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happens to me PayPal credit isn't even an option to pay with. I've called everyday for 2 weeks! And still can't make a purchase.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.