Pay After Delivery Not Available

esagucio

I know this has been asked many times. But why doesn't pay after delivery show up as an option? I have searched and read many posts about this issue. But I haven't found a solid answer other than it only random shows up or whatever. My account is verified and linked to my bank account. I do have it set as my preferred payment option but I don't see it when I try to checkout on an ebay item. Anyways I'd rather not deal with customer service if it's just going to be a hassle, so hopefully someone can help me out here. Thanks...

Login to Me Too
301 REPLIES 301

Tbaby2018
Contributor
Contributor
Me too, thousands and I had given up on it. I used it consecutively for about 3 years with no problems and it just disappeared. Everytime I called PayPal they kept telling me they saw it on my account and that the merchants weren't accepting it, THAT WAS A LIE.. Yesterday when checking out I didn't see it so I logged out and logged back in and there it was.
Login to Me Too

tina381
New Community Member

Pay after Deliver has just disappeared. I've used it for over a year and now it's gone not even available as an option. Anyone know what's going on? Contacted paypal and they say it's there. NOT here people. Whatps up with that???

Login to Me Too

Ibella
Contributor
Contributor
I have used PAD a few times now with the same merchant. BUT, a lot of times when I'm about to checkout but then go back to the merchant for a second, the option then disappears never to return. Why does that keep happening??? Is it supposed to just pop up when it wants too and go away when it wants?
Login to Me Too

esch9221
Contributor
Contributor

I just called ebay and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about then I called Paypal and they said I do have PAD option and they have no idea whether or not ebay still accepts it.  Someone is not telling the truth.  I have not been able to use it in over a month with any of several merchants. Rediculous!

Login to Me Too

kgalliher
Contributor
Contributor

I have been at a merchant's website and saw the PAD option, went back to my cart to verify something, clicked on PAYPAL again to back to the checkout and the PAD option was gone.  This is not based on the merchant from what it appears - I believe paypal has major glitches with this and have not fixed it.  This has happened to me 2 time with 2 different sites that have allowed PAD in the past.

Login to Me Too

clangers272
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same issue over the last couple of days. PAD has worked flawlessly for a couple years. I only use it on eBay particularly when buying computer related items as there's sometimes a chance items don't arrive or aren't as described. I called PayPal. The assistant explained that the usual cause of PAD not being available is the automated system has decided that your bank account is at higher risk and has set a flag which consequently disables PAD as your primary payment source is not considered valid to PAD.

He went onto explain that this usually as a consequence of one of several activities which may occur on your account. These include funds not being avaible in your primary bank account at the end of the 14 day period resulting in the system defaulting to your credit card and setting a flag on your bank account. In my case he thought the most likely cause was that I'd raised a dispute in eBay for a faulty item, he explained that a dispute either raised against you or even raised by yourself against someone else will trigger this flag.

He said that are a myriad of triggers that will cause the system to set this flag and remove PAD. Best bet apparently is to continue to use PayPal normally and this flag will be dropped in a few days to a couple of weeks and PAD is restored. He couldn't be anymore specific, they don't really understand it in detail themselves.

Apparently if you've never had PAD offered the system rightly or wrongly has decided that something about your activity means your bank account is considered to be at risk of non-repayment.

Login to Me Too

blues77

This is very useful information, did you get this from a first line support agent?? I've called a couple times but get routed to the Phillipines call center, and am given extremely vague answers. The worst response is- contact the seller and make sure they offer pay after delivery as an option. That's extremely innacurate and unhelpful information to give to customers as there is no way the seller can control whether they accept PAD!!

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PAD is considered a short term loan ,Paypal has 6.1 billions loan outstanding and looking to package and sell them to some suckers .

you dont need to read the tea leaf to sense what is going on,PAD is now 10 days,not 14 days,consumer loan deliquency is rising !

Login to Me Too

peacob
Contributor
Contributor

I have been eyeing an item for my business on ebay for a little while now... on Thursday of this past week i had the item added in my cart and going to payment option it showed PAD was offered. I decided to hold off until the end of the weekend just due to shipping times and me being out of town over the next couple days. Moving forward to today, I decide to complete the purchase and now PAD isnt offered... Same item, same seller. Get your **bleep** together paypal. As someone who is trying to get a small business started, PAD is a very useful option while in between paychecks and getting items i need without having the money in my account that very second. This issue has not been my first run-in with PAD disappearing on me, its happened multiple times now and has **bleep** me out of a couple items for a good price i could have really used. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @peacob

We're sorry for any frustration the Pay After Delivery payment option has caused. 

There are several reasons why this wasn't an option when returning to purchase the item. We would need to look at your account when you're trying to make the purchase. If this happens again, please feel to give us a call to review. 

Pay after Delivery shouldn't be used as credit. We offer this service to help ensure buyers are receiving the items in an acceptable time and the items are as described. You can find additional details of Pay After Delivery here

Thanks, 

Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.