Nintendo Switch eShop Error 10417

Hakairyu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I've been trying to purchase a video game through the Nintendo Switch eShop recently with my PayPal Balance, but I keep getting error 10417. My balance is $0.89 short, but I have a few spare dollars on one of the debit cards I have linked to my PayPal account, so it SHOULD take the remaining cents from that. I checked my PayPal transaction history, and it does show that it tries to take the money from my balance and off my card, but it shows they both get declined every time I try.

Another person who posted this issue (I don't think it involved the eShop, though) had a moderator say that it was a problem with PayPal and the engineers had to fix the issue. Might it be that? Or does the eShop not support withdrawing the remaining money from a linked card?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

AmadeoKristoff
Contributor
Contributor

I have had this issue. the Moderator suggested calling customer service. I did that, and this is the response I got:

"These transactions for nintendo will not go through. They are not secure."

Why the hell would you allow or give Nintendo rights to link Paypal accounts and NOT let them go through and block them because they are "not secure"???

Login to Me Too

Hakairyu
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I was paid a month later from this incident so I had enough to buy the game without PayPal trying to withdraw the remainder from a linked card, and the payment went through.

I'm guessing there's some sort of security false alarm set off when PayPal tries to gather the remaining funds from a linked card, giving this error.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.