New system changes for Hold and Pending funds

jhartmac
Contributor
Contributor

Ok so evidently PP has instituted system changes that look for any possibilities that cause refunds and or disputes.  There is a flaw however which is, these cannot be over-riden by any PP staff member.  Further those parameters are not fully understood by the representatives or the members.  IN my situation I shipped out an item to a person that used PP to pay me.  The buyer requested a different ship to address then what is in the PP system.  He must have had his reasons.......this should not have been an issue correct? Well it was, #1 the new PP system does not take into effect how long you have been a customer, NOR your feedback, nor how many credit cards and the bank account associated.  The new system just holds funds for virtually any reason.  My funds were held from May 08 to May 17th.  This could have been avoided easily.  Regardless of whether I send the item to a different address I provided a tracking number, BUT no one knew including myself or the buyer that all the buyer had to do was click on confirmation in his email that I shippped it to him..............that was it..........so when he finally did that it released my funds........The flaw here is this, both myself and buyer got on a 3 way call and still could not get PP to resolve the issue.  WE both verified everything........and they STILL could not relaase my funds.  The limitation of an automated system where no over ride is possible is outdated and extremely flawed.  TO be honest I will be very hesitant to use paypal again.  I have been a long time customer with no returns and no complaints with a positive history on ebay.....but beause of this antiquated system I was treated as if I had NO history at all............They held my money TOO long.  I cannot afford to have my funds held up in cyber land when there is a no fault situation. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jhartmac

For paypal seller protection you have to ship to the paypal registered address of the buyer.

To have funds released early you have to have a tracking number that proves delivery of that item to the paypal registered address of the buyer.

You didn't.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as far as Paypal robot is concerned ,your tracking does not jive with his Paypal registered address,if he files item not received,you LOSE.

3 way phone call means nothing,I can get anyone on the 3 way phone and reps do not have authority to overide the system.hold can be up to 21 days or 3 days after tracking shows delivered,you have not met either of this criteria.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.