Need more info in standard PayPal payment advice emails

brissle
Contributor
Contributor

Every now and then I receive an email from PayPal advising me that a payment will shortly be taken for something that I have ordered.

The message heading is usually:

Remember: We'll be processing the payment for your xxxxxxx purchase soon

Dear xxxxxxxx,

We just wanted to remind you that we'll be contacting your bank to collect the payment soon for the purchase you made from xxxxxx on 22 Aug 2017.

Your payment of £17.08 GBP will be requested from your xxxx BANK PLC account on 5 Sep 2017. It will then take 3 working days for the payment to be debited from your bank account. The payment will show on your bank statement as a PayPal purchase.

etc. etc.

Yours sincerely,
Your PayPal team

I have removed names from this most recent email.

This information doesn't tell me to what item the payment applies - if I've ordered several things recently I have to wate time trying to find to which order this information applies.   I need to cross-check things like this to avoid fraudulent transactions or phishing messages.

Would it be possible for PayPal to include order details in the payment advice?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You should have a transaction record or records in your Activity history.

Login to Me Too

brissle
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is there, of course, but with so many emails arriving and many things to do I just wanted a simple solution which didn't involve opening a new tab, signing in and hunting for a particular transaction.  OK I'm being lazy, but when Pay Pal send me notification of a payment received, they have no problem including details of the item sold......

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.