NEW INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE RATES

mou353
Contributor
Contributor

International postage rates have gone sky high for sending an envelope that is not a document. I was shocked this morning to fine that something that I was sending for $3.23 is now $13.30 when I printed the Paypal shipping label. Does anyone know if Paypal is going to discount the rates?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal rate is for package ,not envelope.

Login to Me Too

mou353
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it is classified as a package. The thing is the rates for that package went up about 300%. Is Paypal negotiating with the Post Office for a discount rate. The full rate is way too much for buyers to pay. It seems Stamps.com has already gotten a discount rate.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It was never $3.23

Login to Me Too

mou353
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it was because the category was large envelope. Many I send are 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 envelopes weighing 2 oz. The cost was $3.23. I looked up past shipments to verify this. Now the cost is about $14 since it is a package.  In any event, my question is if Paypal is going to negotiate with the Post Office for a discounted international rate?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

go to usps website and understand the difference,any envelope over a certain thickness is considered a package,Ithink the limitis 1/4 inch.

go there and see for yourself.

with the package price, tracking included,some may not track after it leaves the country,

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@mou353 wrote:

Yes, it was because the category was large envelope. Many I send are 9 1/2 x 6 1/2 envelopes weighing 2 oz. The cost was $3.23. I looked up past shipments to verify this. Now the cost is about $14 since it is a package.  In any event, my question is if Paypal is going to negotiate with the Post Office for a discounted international rate?

$3.23 is for envelope with thickness no  more than 1/4 inch and there is no tracking.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is no negotiation,the difference of what you pay on www.usps website and post office and what you pay on ebay,amzn and Paypal is the wholesale price vs retail.

go to ebay seller forum and they will explain better

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

First-Class Package International Service

Other than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"
Value of contents can not exceed $400.00
$14.00
look into letter ,then it is much cheaper
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.