Is there a way to immediately get money from requests/invoices?

BuddyMaltese
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I recently created a PayPal account and my parents have been kind enough to allow me to send some test payments from their own (of small amounts, like a few cents or a dollar) because I am looking to sell some art, namely digital art and hopefully art prints in the future.

Now I'm wondering, is there any way to bypass the waiting time that comes with invoices and money requests in return for goods and services? In the future if I sell art prints, I would like to use some of the money paid to pay for the cost of the print production and the shipping (as I've found a company which allows me to ship it directly to any potential customers) and do not enjoy the idea of having to wait a week for that as I would like to get future orders shipped ASAP. 

Edit: Also, is it gauranteed that the money that is on hold will be transferred into my balance at the specified time? I ask this in case there is no way to bypass the time limit and I have to pay for orders and shipping with my own money with the knowledge that the money from that order will eventually be in my balance. I've just heard stories about PayPal holding people's money and charging an interest on it, and those people not being able to get it back in a timely manner and not being able to get help from customer service. I'm just trying to address any potential problems before they occur because I want transactions to go over as smoothly as possible. 

Thank you for your time and any help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal does not charge interest for holding your fund,but if you receive payment via goods and services,Paypal takes a cut of 30 cents transaction and 2.9-4.4 %,you can view PAYPAL fee on its site plus seller and buyer protection and why 21 days hold.

you have to ship promptly once paid,whether the fund is held or not. 

Login to Me Too

BuddyMaltese
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response, I appreciate it!

So it is definite that there is no way to immediately have money deposited into your balance if you are being paid for a good or service?

What about if the good I am offering is a digital art piece that does not need to be shipped?

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

digital goods are prone to dispute of item not received,so it is considered risky.

some sellers will send a frst class tracking 2 ounce package for 2.61 cents and upload tracking,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.