International buyers not wanted

victorjunkman55
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All, I do not sell International, I do not use the Global shipping program (GSP) How do I stop International buyers from buying my Items using USA forwarding addresses? TIA

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

A forwarding address can be OK and you would not be selling internationally.

The buyer can make the forwarding address the real PayPal address so it shows up as the buyer's address on the payment transaction details.  I've sold that way and it works fine.  As a seller I have no idea what happens after it gets to the forwarding shipper; it isn't really fowarded through the mail, but actually re-shipped by the service.

If you don't want to sell to a shipping sevice, just refund.

As long as you are not selling high risk electronics or high priced name brand items it shouldn't be a problem.  If you sell risky items, then it's always a problem.  

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

there is no way to prevent overseas Ebay buyers from buying from you and using a US forwarder.

But you are protected as long as yo ship to the address in the PAypal payment notice.

These forwarders do repack the shipment,so if the item is damaged in transit,you are to blame.

I know one case the seller shipped in a tall box and the forwarder repacked to ship in a box only 2 inches tall and the item was damaged.

if you dont want to deal with these buyers,just refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.