I need help!!!

zsmith1027
Contributor
Contributor
Do I need to add a credit card to buy and or send money because I'm trying to buy something and it the exact amount and it won't let me buy help me please.... Do I need to link a credit card to verify my PayPal so I can make purchases?!
Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zsmith1027 wrote:
So I added my cc but it still says payment can't be processed?! Sharpiemarker

@zsmith1027

Did you also confirm/validate the credit card with test charges and PayPal code sent to your credit card account?  You can't just add it and off you go unless you did it already.  Then wait a few days before attempting to purchase again.  Security must be blocking it since you keep repeating a failed action with error messages. If the problem persists, contact customer services:

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

zsmith1027
Contributor
Contributor
I made a payment yesterday of 1$ to test it worked then it won't work after
Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@zsmith1027

Call your bank to make sure they aren't denying the charges.  The fact you made a $1 purchase then tried to buy an item shortly after is a guaranteed fraud flag as fraudsters will spend $1 to verify a card is working then go on a shopping spree with hit after.  

Login to Me Too

zsmith1027
Contributor
Contributor
No I spent it with my PayPal balance because the person said add a card then try it with your PayPal balance which I did and it worked then I tried it today and it didn't work
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@zsmith1027

When you added a credit card, did PayPal put test charges on your credit card account and give you a "PayPal code" to confirm/validate the credit card in the Wallet page.  Did you complete that step?  PayPal should have sent you information about that after you added a card.  If you so not complete that step, the card won't work or the system won't register the card as back up or note that your billing address is verified.

Login to Me Too

zsmith1027
Contributor
Contributor
I did that already my account is 100% verified after completing all the steps to verify my account do I need to click a button somewhere that verifys me
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No, was asking if you had completed the card verification is all.  And PayPal customer service told you to make a $1 test payment?  I dunno.  I think you will just need to pay with your credit card instead without PayPal. The security algorithm is blocking your transactions, due to the failed retries and other tinkering around.  Should hang back for a while and give the system time to reset the security. Don't use the account for a week or two.

Login to Me Too

zsmith1027
Contributor
Contributor
I looked something up and it said when you add a card try using your pp balance to see if that allows you to send money.. And what I was saying before just to double check can you list out the steps to be verified?!.... But if I add a bank account to my pp can I just transfer my pp balance into my bank account... Because I don't want to use my card because first I'm laid off and money is a little tight and I have money on my PayPal balance that I'd like to spend first!!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ok.

Yes, if you added a bank account, you may withdraw it.  

To be verified, you must do two of three things:

Add a card

Add a bank

Provide your SSN

Login to Me Too

zsmith1027
Contributor
Contributor
Oh Really I thought you had to do Verify Email, Phone Number, Then put your credit card?.... I will add my bank account and my ssn asap!! Will you still be here or do you do away?!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.