I have a personal PP account, sister sent money but pending

Clarita1
New Community Member

Hi! Does anybody knows why Pay Pall is treating my account as a business one. My sister sent money and PayPal is holding it for 21 days. Can this be fixed? I am in the USA. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clarita1

They are not treating it as a business one, anyone selling on personal OR business gets a payment hold.

However if it was NOT a sale then your sister could not have used the friends / family option but the goods / services so paypal saw you as a seller and applied the new seller hold.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Payment via friend and family could be reviewed by Paypal as well.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

Yes but it would not be the 21 day hold as the OP mentioned that it was.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

teddy1211
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I just now did just that.  Go to paypal.me and sign in. At top right, you should see mypaypal.me. Click on that and it will bring up your picture icon and your link.  In the top right corner of your picture, see a pencil icon. click on it and you will see where you can change from goods and services to friends and family. Says we can change any time.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Clarita1 wrote:

Hi! Does anybody knows why Pay Pall is treating my account as a business one. My sister sent money and PayPal is holding it for 21 days. Can this be fixed? I am in the USA. Thanks!

you cant return it as it is on hold,so you can either find a tracking number and upload it ,or just wait.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

How can they enter a tracking number if there is nothing to sell?

It was a payment from her sister.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.