How to perform a wire-transfer?

PPC_Problem
Contributor
Contributor

When I search Google on how to do a wire-transfer... The results showed PayPal.  But, I can't seem to find how to perform a wire-transfer using PayPal.  Help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

That's not an option with PayPal - PayPal's system is based on email addresses.  Basically a wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a transfer of cash at a cash office.  PayPal's electronic transfer process is based on a person to person transaction within the PayPal system - in other words, you must have or open a PayPal account to send and/or receive funds.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

That's not an option with PayPal - PayPal's system is based on email addresses.  Basically a wire transfer can be made from one bank account to another bank account or through a transfer of cash at a cash office.  PayPal's electronic transfer process is based on a person to person transaction within the PayPal system - in other words, you must have or open a PayPal account to send and/or receive funds.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

some overseas money transfer via Paypal is indeed done as wiretransfer,but rare and expensive,I recall seeing Paypal charging wiretransfer fee for a payment to Vietnam.

But if you want the real wiretranfer,you have to go to your bank and be nice to their intl dept ,give them all they need plus a fee.

or you do this yourself online if your bank has online banking,saving you some money 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.