How to pay ebay in Canadian dollars from US account?

Spotted952
New Community Member

When you go through ebay and do a Buy It Now auction, paying with paypal, does the service automatically transfer your money from USD to CAN and show you how much more/less you'll be paying?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

In a word yes, if the auction is in another currency you just pay that currency and before you click submit it tells you how much in your own currency will be debited to your funding source.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bluemoon98
New Community Member

I'm sorry, I still don't understand.  If I'm bidding on something from Canada, and it's asking me to bid in Canadian dollars, am I paying that price?  In other words, it's showing my price as less then Canadian currency, will pay pal take out more then I bid?

If I think I'm paying 13.95 but in Canadian currency it's 20.00. What is paypal taking out of my account?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

gillg
New Community Member

@bluemoon98 wrote:

I'm sorry, I still don't understand.  If I'm bidding on something from Canada, and it's asking me to bid in Canadian dollars, am I paying that price?  In other words, it's showing my price as less then Canadian currency, will pay pal take out more then I bid?

If I think I'm paying 13.95 but in Canadian currency it's 20.00. What is paypal taking out of my account?

Thank you.

If it is a US account they will take 13.95.

Login to Me Too

Novologninja
New Community Member
I'm confused as well. If I live in the US and buy something that has a Canadian price and also a US price, which price am I being charged. The item is being shipped from Hong Kong if that makes any difference? Since somoeone stated if it's an American company or not.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.