Foreign currency automatically converted into my bank acoount currency

Nikolaybg
New Community Member

Hello,

Recently (since November)  I noticed a change in the way in which I receive payments. I am paid in USD but my bank account to which my PayPal is linked uses my local currency. The money are automatically converted into my home currency. Because the rates of the USD to the local currency are changing constantly, I lose some amount of money (in the morning the rates can be lower, in the evening- higher). I cannot control the process of convertion at all.

I tried to make USD my primary currency and one payment went in this way- I got it in USD and then I converted it myself into my local currency. But after that the problem appeared again.

Should I delete my home currency and to leave USD to be my only one? Or what should I do in this situation?

Thank you!

Nikolay

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal charges a 2 1/2 % conversion fee.

you can specify in your PAYPAL account that you accept US currency and keep them as such in your account,but unless you have a US bank account linked to your Paypal account,conversion will take place when you transfer to your local bank account.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you cannot delete or change your local currency,unless you leave that country and open a new account in USA.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.