Forced to add credit/debit card before purchase. I've called and emailed and no one has helped me.

So I was on Nutaku.net, and recently I've purchased a lot of their online currency, and I've always bought it with my paypal account. It is not linked to my bank account at this time, and the funds on it are from my customers paying me for art. It is totally separate. Recently, when I went to go purchase gold on Nutaku (they use epoch and probiller) the paypal screen pops up, and it says to add a credit card. I cannot complete the purchase, and it does not charge my balance (which is more than sufficient btw) and I don not have a credit or debit card. What's worse is that I have called, epoch, probiller, nutaku AND paypal, and everyone has just pointed me to the other, and denied responsibility. I am at the end of my rope, I just want to buy some gold! Please help, because nobody seems to care. Even though i've waited 2 hours on hold just today, not even counting the last few times i've tried to have a real person help me. It would really hurt me if I called customer service again only to be snubbed once more,so this is my last chance. Oh, and I've emailed customer support SEVERAL times in the past week, and today, and they havent even bothered to respond with an automated email.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PocketLoveapple

Normally you can't spend funds in your paypal account balance if you don't have a back up card linked to that paypal account to verify it.

They may let you do a few transaction but then you have to add a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

I have had this account for YEARS, and I've made at least 100 transactions on it. So i find that strange, but I guess you're right. 😕 I wish there was some way around it.

Login to Me Too

DSoopy
New Community Member

I actually have the same problem, I used to buy gold for the Millenium War Aigis game but when it was shut down I stopped buying. Recently I started playing Kamihime and wanted to add some gold but the same screen poped up, which had never appeared before. Tried emailing but never got an answer, also tried using the money I had charged on paypal on other sites and I had no problem whatsoever so it seems to be a thing only on Nutaku's site

Login to Me Too

rob343428
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue here and it won't accept Visa as an option either.  The whole reason I use paypal, is to avoid using credit cards, so now I am **bleep**...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.