Different type of payment received email??

bjlasota
New Community Member

I sold a couple items on ebay yesterday and received this payment notice from a customer thru ebay last night. At first, ebay notified me that their payment would not go through and the transaction had failed. Then I received a paypal notification. It took about 5 minutes to update paid through ebay. The email is in a different format than I would normally see a payment received via paypal. Even the subject line is different than a normal paypal payment. Typically, the subject line for a paypal payment to me is “Item #29xxxxxxxx4 Instant payment received from …” The email I received had a subject "Notification of payment received".

The link I'm referring to for the next couple statemnts is "You can view the details for this transaction by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking the "History" tab.View the details of this transaction online "

The address shows unconfirmed in the email, but when clicking on the link, it brings up an address that shows confirmed. Money did show up in my paypal account and I have requested it to be direct deposited into my checking. In transaction details when clicking on the more info link from the payment email, I see "Mobile Express Checkout Payment Received" which I've never seen before. The layout of the payment information also after clicking that link appears to be much different than when clicking information from another payment.

I'm expecting to ship this item today and would just like some peace of mind before I drop it in the mail. I've attached pictures of both email and website that opens when opening link.

When clicking on the link from the email, this is where it takes you.This is the email I received.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

too hard to read your emails.

if the money is in your account and item is eligible for seller protection and the address you are shipping to is the address he registered with Paypal ,then you qualify for seller protection.

but you can call EBAY and ask why the transaction fails.

youdont need confirmed address to get seller protection,you need to ship t o the address in the payment notice from Paypal and the item is eligible for protection.

also look at the email to see if it comes from paypal.com,if you are not sure,send the email to spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.