Difference between Paypal US Business account and Paypal Germany Business account Paypal buy button

KunalSolanki
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

We are a service provider who provide online portal for buying some service on the portal. Our customers from world wide get an account from Paypal and then just create a paypal buy button in their account and configure the PDT Identity token on our portal along with adding the paypal button on our portal. Once done he can start using our portal to let his customers buy this service and pay the end merchant who is hosting this service. What we recently learned that customers in Germany don't see the credit card payment option when he goes to the paypal payment page. We testing things with Paypal US account, paypal Italy account and every where the paypal payment page shows two options where either you pay through your paypal account or use any visa/master card for payment. Now we don't have an account in Germany and not able to open one so can somebody tell us how things work Paypal Germany? Is their an account setting which is required under profile->My selling tools->Paypal button which enables/disables credit card option?

I also check couple of UK based online portals and everywhere I found that it has two options on the merchant website choose paypal or choose credit/debit card and paypal payment page never shows any payment through credit card. Couple of websites I found the credit card payment gateway is hosted by Paypal only but still they are always two separate option. Didn't find anybody using the buy button of Paypal which when clicked shows both option hosted from paypal page.

I will appreciate if somebody knows about this difference in Paypal account from EU region and is willing to share the information here.

Thank you,

Kunal

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.