Credit card type identification does not included Visa.

MichaelPower
Contributor
Contributor

While making payment, credit card type identification only gives the option of MasterCard or Discover. Whereas, my debit card is a Visa. I cannot get beyond this point to make a purchase. I have used PayPal successfully on two other occasions.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

It's up to the merchant and/or seller to determine what type of card they will accept.   If you don't have the option to use the card you want, then you can only use what the merchant will accept.

Login to Me Too

MichaelPower
Contributor
Contributor

@Snow-Catwrote:

It's up to the merchant and/or seller to determine what type of card they will accept.   If you don't have the option to use the card you want, then you can only use what the merchant will accept.

Since signing up for Pay Pay December 30, I've made three purchases, so I don't have a lot of experience. Purchase was successfully initiated January 4 from this merchant without an issue. It's odd that in a six week period they  would have dropped Visa. On the merchants sight the option to make payment was either via credit card or Pay Pal. When Pay Pal was chosen I was transferred to the Pay Pay site to fill in the required information. This is where the problem was experienced - on the Pay Pal site. According to your explanation, as I understand it, the merchant has determined which cards are allowed to appear for selection by the purchaser on Pay Pal site. Is this a correct understanding? I need to know this before communicating with the merchant who I suspect is going to me that it is a Pay Pal issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.