Cannot send or receive money.

maxlyde
New Community Member

Dear PayPal community.

My paypal account does not seem to be working, and hasn't been working for a while. I cannot send or receive money. The problem is frustrating me slightly. 

I have tried linking my paypal account with my bank card again, but it comes up with 'Denied due to risk'.

How do I talk to paypal, and try and get them to realise that I am not a risk. I have a positive amount of money in my bank. I'm 17 years old so i'm pretty sure I can't go into debt with my bank anyway. 

Please could someone help as I just really want paypal to work again. 

Thank you,

Max

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Recremac
New Community Member

Recremac
New Community Member

Having exactly the same problem.

How do I get around this?

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@Recremac

Call PayPal customer support for assistance... log in to your PayPal account, click on the "Contact" link which is at the bottom of most PayPal pages and select the "Call Us" option... the next page will provide you with a passcode and the PayPal phone number for your account.

Other contact options are Twitter via @AskPayPal https://twitter.com/askpaypal or Private Message on PayPal's Facebook page at...

https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

encinogoy
New Community Member

NO... Customer Service CANNOT rectify this problem. FALSE

I've had this problem for several weeks now after having received payment for a job. Couldn't transfer funds out of my account.

After MANY phone calls to the Philipines, and repeated failed "fixes" and assurances, nothing. Finally, a second call 4 days after funds were to be in my account, made funds available FOUR DAYS LATER. THis call came with an admission after REPEATED questioning that "Sir, it is actually a server problem we are having". I don't know that that is true. I suspect that too is false.

Sorry to say the friendly Philipine customer service folks CANNOT SERVICE CUSTOMERS. And this from a multi-billion dollar company... but then maybe that's the reason.

The language barrier (yes there is one - being able to carry on a conversation does not constitue UNDERSTANDING or and ability to SERVICE/SOLVE a legitimate customer service issue), is one of Albert Gore Jr's "uncomfortable truths". 

Three days ago I confidently/naively told a client to pay me via PayPal, because "of course it will work now. Problem fixed!" NO. Same "Denied Due to Risk".

I see now what appears to be a clever "solution" as offered up by PayPal on EVERY call, "Oh Sir, you just need to set up a Credit Card with PayPal and then you can access your money..." Holding my funds hostage.

What's more is the lies that drove us to digital money - "See with checks you have to wait 3-4 days for them to clear, with digital funds transfer it's IMMEDIATE!" (big smile)  NEWS FLASH!!! Still waiting 3-4 days for digital transfers of money...  Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them

Login to Me Too

LyssaNicole
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem accept Paypal let me add my bank account and my debit cards which takes 3 to 4 days for me to get my money but I ordered a PayPal prepaid Mastercard which seeing as they are the same company you would think I would have no issues I've called customer service they don't see why I can't do an instant transfer since there's no block on my account and yet every time I try to add my MasterCard to link my account it's denied due to risk as well which if I can add my bank account and my debit cards how can I not add the PayPal prepaid Mastercard its a prepaid card through their company I just want to transfer my PayPal balance onto that prepaid card what kind of risk is that zero there is zero risk in that so if anyone figures it out please come back to this
Login to Me Too

MissMarieEvans
New Community Member
I'm having the same issue!
Login to Me Too

annakeat
Contributor
Contributor
Mine is very same.denid due to risk although my email tells me its clear to do so
Login to Me Too

jdig
New Community Member

I am having problem with paypal as well.  My husband and I shared an account..everything in my name except for name on account.  He decided he wanted his own account so he opened a new one.  I was not able to continue with the account and they advised me to close and reopen an account which I did.  My credit card isn't accepted because of risk.  This is the credit card I used when I shared my account but now it seems to be a problem.  It's very frustrating.  Also I tried to use paypal as I do have a checking account linked but couldn't use it...access denied.  I am getting very fed up.

Login to Me Too

momof3angels
New Community Member

Were you able to figure out why it was doing this? I am having the same problem and do not know how to fix it. Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.