Anyone randomly closed out of their account?

Temp20220301ap
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is closing me out of my account, even though I have done nothing against the usage policies (I checked) and they won't even tell me the reason for being closed out. So, I tried to go ahead and close my account so that my credit card and checking account would not be linked to a service I am no longer using (and since my balance is $0). Except it won't let me close it because I have a limitation on my account, which I cannot resolve because their customer service won't help and I cannot go through the resolution steps for the restriction on my account since I "violated the usage policy". I understand holding a balance or information to resolve any outstanding transactions, but there are none. The customer service team takes days to respond every time I reach out and has not been able to provide any help in the matter. They have given me absolutely horrible customer service, and I am more than anything concerned that someone accessed my account (but they won't even help me check that).

The only thing I have even used PayPal for recently is to purchase a purse online (from a perfectly legal and commercial shop -Charming Charlie), and that purchase went through fine. Then randomly they messaged me weeks later saying they were not allowing me to use paypal anymore.

Anyone have any ideas? Want to just close my account and stick to square cash or venmo, but want to resolve this first to make sure my account information is closed and secure. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220301ap

They limit your account rather than letting you close it so you cannot use that card or bank account on another paypal account if you try and set one up against their policies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220301ap
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, that makes sense but makes me really uncomfortable to just have an account linked to my bank account and credit card when I'm not allowed to change it or really fully access it. Any advice on working with customer service to resolve it?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220301ap

You could try phoning them to see if you can resolve things?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.