Adding money to a green dot card

Da9joey92
New Community Member
I am wondering if I can send money to my prepaid debit card after I confirm with PayPal that it is my account I am wanting to send money to my green dot card not from
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor
How to Add Funds to a Prepaid Card With PayPal

1. Obtain a prepaid credit card from any one of the many vendors that offer them. Compare the fees for their use before you make a final decision about the one that meets your needs.

2. Activate and register your prepaid credit card once you have received it. Visit the credit card's website or call the Customer Service phone number on the back of the card to perform the activation. Provide the personal information that is requested.

3. Request the account number and routing number of your prepaid credit card if you live in the United States. Obtain your card's account number and sort code if you live in the United Kingdom. Write this information down and keep it in a secure place.

4. Sign up for a PayPal account if you do not already have one. Log in to your PayPal account.

5. Navigate to "Profile" and click on the link. Click on the "Update" link across from Bank Accounts.

6. Complete the financial details form for adding a bank account for the United States or the United Kingdom. Click on "Add Bank Account." Enter the prepaid card's account number and routing number for a U.S. PayPal account or its bank account/building society and sort code for a United Kingdom account.

7. Contact your prepaid credit card's Customer Service department in up to five days and obtain the amounts of two very small test deposits that PayPal transferred to your card to verify it. Alternatively, log in to your credit card's website, navigate to your account and check for the PayPal deposits there.

8. Log in to your PayPal account. Click on the "Get Verified" link found towards the top of the page on the "Account Overview" page. Enter the deposit details and review PayPal's Direct Debit agreement

9. Withdraw PayPal funds to your prepaid credit card by clicking on the "Withdraw" link under the "My Account" tab. Select the "Transfer Funds to Bank Account" in the drop-down menu. Choose the account that your prepaid credit card is listed under from the "To" menu and then the amount you would like to transfer. Click on "Continue" and verify the transfer on the next page by clicking "Submit."

Good Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.