$10 withheld from balance (hold) - technical glitch

sadl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, 

I currently have a random $10 amount being withheld from my paypal balance. When I look to see what this $10 amount is, there is no information. 

Paypal staff have told me its a technical glitch that has affected some customers. And engineers can take between 2hours - 3 weeks to fix it. 

Is there any way mine can be fixed sooner rahter than later? This technical glitch is preventing me obtaining my second Working Capital loan from Paypal. 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

sadl
Contributor
Contributor

Woke up today, walked past my laptop with the paypal login screen open. Decided to go to the kitchen to make a coffee, daydreaming that the problem would be fixed.

Walked back to the laptop with slight trepidation and slowly logged in.

"WITHELD $10".

Agh!

Login to Me Too

jodadj
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having the exact same problem. I have called and been put on hold up to an hour while they "research" it. They then come back and tell me they'll submit a ticket and it will be fixed in 24-48 hours, still nothing. I have done this song and dance with them 4 times over the past 2 weeks. I got a supervisor yesterday who told me that it will be fixed within 24 hours. Still nothing.

I'm beginning to wonder if PayPal is doing this on purpose in order to hold up the Working Capital loans.

Login to Me Too

sugababiesmama
New Community Member

Our account was on hold for $6.27. We called to find out why and they said that it is a system glitch. Apparently this has been going on longer than they let on based on this thread. The $6.00 was finally removed after a few weeks now we can't apply for WC because of $0.27. Calls to Paypal haven't resulted in much.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.