is this email LEGIT?

patricksqs
Contributor
Contributor

(i orginally replyed to a job advert in http://ie.indeed.com/

heres; the replay i got;

Hello,

I'm glad that you reply to my post. My name is Robert Stevens and I have a engineering company and one pawn shop in Rochford, England. Let me tell you more about the job.

I need someone who can list my items on eBay. You'll be listing wristbands watches, designer fashion, electronics and collectables. I will provide the photos and details of the items that need to be advertised. Your job is just to list the ads, I will talk with the people who are interested. I will pay you when the auction ends.
1. If the item is sold:
    YOU WILL RECEIVE £100 + eBay POSTING FEES + 5% OF THE SELLING PRICE
2. If the item doesn't sell:
    YOU WILL RECEIVE the eBay POSTING FEES (but I'm sure that the item will sell)
Maybe you wonder why not sell my products myself. I wanted to start an eBay account but I read on one of eBay's community pages that sellers with 0 feedback have not the same success as the others sellers with feedback. Also you must have an eBay Seller Account with at least 15 feedback.

If the item will be sold, after you receive the money into your bank account, I will ship the product to the buyer and send you the documents from the shipping company confirming this so you can easy send me the money without any doubts. I don't want to wait for you to send me the money after the buyer receive the product because I don't have any guarantee that after he will receive it, you will send me the money. Please do not understand me wrong but this is business. This is my only guarantee. You'll receive the payment from buyers into your PayPal that is linked with your eBay account and deduct your payment from there + 5% of the selling price + eBay fees. In this way is clear that you'll get your payment. Your PayPal account must not have any limits (sending, receiving and withdraw). If you have any limits on your PayPal account you must lift them up. You'll earn £400+ per week with just one item... I think that this is fair enough.

Also I want to tell you from the beginning that I need serious people in my team so when you say something so be it. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Sounds like a scam to me.  I would avoid it entirely.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

patricksqs
Contributor
Contributor

ah ok, thanks, thought it was real since the orignal advert was on a legit job website

Login to Me Too

LizP01
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I received an exact same email yesterday and did a Google search on the guys name and surburb and found your email.

I was going to reply, but think I'll stay clear now Smiley Indifferent

Login to Me Too

evaristocroix
New Community Member

Hi, 

I just received the same email through upwork job listing. The guys name was different but it was the very same job proposal that was offered to me. I already had doubted him as he doesn't have any verified payment method and he doesn't want to deal with upwork regarding his work.

Avoid at all costs. 

Screen shot

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.