Yet another letdown?

SleepingSparrow
New Community Member

Why doesn't Paypal let me withdraw my funds to my pre-paid debit card? I have an American Express Bluebird card; I deposit funds from a dozen places to it.  One of the freelance jobs I do on a regular basis only pays via Paypal, so today I added my bluebird card, conbfirmed it, but when I went to transfer the money to my bluebird card, it wouldn't let me.  Paypal did however take the liberty of placing a hold on some of my current balance on Bluebird, for what I can't tell you- i've not made any purchases through them.  I assume now they're tying up my money just to verify?  A heads up would have been nice.

Why in god's name does Paypal have to make the simplest things such a mahoosive pain?  And why in god's name cant i add my funds to my bluebird card? (and please don't tell me to get a green dot- I have a good debit card, and it doesn't charge me any fee's, unlike the green dot cards that charge a ton).  No one else seems to have trouble with this stuff but Paypal.  Now I have to get my pay deposited to paypal, so i can then withdraw it from paypal to my normal checking account, only to have to transfer that to my Bluebird card.  If there was any other alternative to paypal, i'd be utilizing it, b/c Paypal is nothign bad problems and bad customer service-  but since there isn't, can someone please explain why this asinine issue even exists? Why is it Paypal can't do what every other website, bank, or debit card can? Is it b/c they have some contract with green dot? I just honestly am trying ot understand this, so if anyone has a sincere explanation, i would greatly appreciate the info.  Is there some loophole in the system I just dont understand b/c I'm not a banker?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.