Why is my payment stuck on pending? It's been stuck for a few days now.

ImThaR3alest
Contributor
Contributor

I took advantage of an online deal for black friday for a pair of pants. They came up to be somewhere around $22. I have $21 in my account and I also have a number of cards linked. At the time of payment, I had my secondary (old) card set to primary and I had agreed to & sent payment for the pants. A couple of hours later I realized that the card I had set to primary was the wrong one, so I switched it back to my normal credit card. I figured that the payment would take my account balance as well as the balance from my credit card when paid, but since the card set at the time of payment was an old card (and empty) the payment is still stuck on pending. I've changed it now though.. so shouldn't it go through because it now has a source to take the extra balance from? How do i get it sent through to the seller/store?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ImThaR3alest, and welcome to the Community!

I'd be happy to offer some clarification about pending orders, and about funding. 🙂

If you have an order in your transaction history listed as pending, that means that you've authorized the payment, and the merchant is fulfilling the order. Once the order is fulfilled, the authorized funds will be charged to the funding method agreed to when the order was placed.

When placing the order, your payment details are listed awaiting your confirmation. It shows you what the source will be for the payment (balance, card, bank, PayPal credit, etc) and allows you to select the backup payment source if it is an Instant Transfer.

If you select a card for the payment source, it will show that the entire amount is coming from the card if the balance is insufficient to pay the entire amount. It is not possible to do split funding when a third-party credit source is used. If you use a bank for the payment source, it will show that part of the payment is coming from the balance, and anything over the amount in the balance is coming from the bank. Then the card set as the backup funding method is listed, but not charged unless there is a problem with the bank funding.

Once you review the details and confirm the payment, the funding method that you approved is designated for that transaction or order. If you made a mistake and did not recognize it until after you clicked to complete the payment, you may contact the merchant and request that they cancel and refund, and allow you to remake the payment. Typically, this will mean that any temporary sale prices will not be available, unless the merchant wants to invoice you separately.

I hope this helps clarify! 🙂

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi ImThaR3alest, and welcome to the Community!

I'd be happy to offer some clarification about pending orders, and about funding. 🙂

If you have an order in your transaction history listed as pending, that means that you've authorized the payment, and the merchant is fulfilling the order. Once the order is fulfilled, the authorized funds will be charged to the funding method agreed to when the order was placed.

When placing the order, your payment details are listed awaiting your confirmation. It shows you what the source will be for the payment (balance, card, bank, PayPal credit, etc) and allows you to select the backup payment source if it is an Instant Transfer.

If you select a card for the payment source, it will show that the entire amount is coming from the card if the balance is insufficient to pay the entire amount. It is not possible to do split funding when a third-party credit source is used. If you use a bank for the payment source, it will show that part of the payment is coming from the balance, and anything over the amount in the balance is coming from the bank. Then the card set as the backup funding method is listed, but not charged unless there is a problem with the bank funding.

Once you review the details and confirm the payment, the funding method that you approved is designated for that transaction or order. If you made a mistake and did not recognize it until after you clicked to complete the payment, you may contact the merchant and request that they cancel and refund, and allow you to remake the payment. Typically, this will mean that any temporary sale prices will not be available, unless the merchant wants to invoice you separately.

I hope this helps clarify! 🙂

- Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.