Why Paypal charging from bank account instead of my Credit card?

mmarie
Contributor
Contributor

Why paypal charging 5 transactions from my bank account instead of my Credit card?

this is the first time that happened, i need any transcation charge from Credit card.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The normal flow of funds is first your paypal account balance, if funds are insufficient, then your bank account.  Regular credit cards as used as an option to pay on the PayPal Checkout Screens.  The exception is PayPal Products, you can arrange for the purchase to be paid using one of the PayPal products instead of your bank account.

Login to Me Too

mmarie
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you 

There is any way to make paypal charge from my credit card only?

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@mmarie wrote:

Thank you 

There is any way to make paypal charge from my credit card only?

No not really, Paypal will always use the paypal balance first.  If you never have a paypal balance you can remove the banks account BUT  then the paypal account will become unverified and you will have a spending limit. Once the spending limit has been reached you will not beable to use the account till you add a bank account.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

One other option would be to have a PayPal product, i.e. Bill me Later, PayPal Smart Connect Card or PayPal Extras MasterCard, but that just adds a whole new dimension of challenges.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.