Why Cant I Pay with my Credit Card Upon Sending Payment?

gaarafan93
New Community Member

Im trying to pay for a service owed, and I marked it as 'No Shipping Required', as it doesnt require a shipping address.  Upon reaching the payment option page, I tried to make it where it comes out of my credit card, which is linked to my bank account.

Unfortunately, it does not give me the option to pay via a card, but only by two options:

• Paypal balance (which I do NOT want to mess with)
  • e-check (which, it says it would take several business days to process)

My question, is why can I not pay with my card and it is forcing me to choose between these two options? My card is linked, and has been linked to my account for months, so I know the card works.  Why is it it does not allow me to pay via this option?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Looks like something more to do with PayPal's Risk Management features and the site you're dealing with rather than any issues with your account.  Here's some info from the User Agreement:

3.4 Payment Method Limitations. In order to manage risk, PayPal may limit the Payment Methods available for a transaction. In addition, Payment Methods may be limited if you make a PayPal payment through certain third party websites or applications. For PayPal Business Payments, you are limited to funding your PayPal payment with either (or both) your Balance or by eCheck. In all such cases, you may choose to continue with the transaction with the understanding that you may have fewer avenues available for dispute resolution should the transaction turn out to be unsatisfactory.

User Agreement Link:

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/UserAgreement_full&locale.x=en_...

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the payment amount is less than your PayPal account balance, your funding choices will be... PayPal balance or eCheck. If you want to use your credit card, you will need to withdraw your PayPal balance before sending the payment.

If the payment amount is greater than your PayPal account balance, you will be able to select the funding source for the amount which exceeds your PayPal balance, and the funding choices for that amount will be... your linked credit or debit card or an instant transfer from your linked bank account.

If you don't want to use your PayPal balance, you will need to withdraw it before sending the payment.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.