Two-week delay to send money to vendor?

Shohreh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Until now, I only used PayPal to pay for small amounts, and it worked fine.

This time, I ordered a €2,0000 product from a brick 'n mortar company in a neighboring European country. Since PayPal was an option on their web site, I took the chance.

Now PayPal tells me the transaction between my bank account and PayPal won't be completed before two weeks, and it's not possible to cancel.

I e-mailed and called PayPal, but they told me I just had to wait.

1. Does someone know why it takes so long for the money to go from my bank account to PayPal, and then to the vendor's PayPal account?
  2. Can I do something to speed things up?
  3. If the transaction is delayed again at the end of the month, what do you recommend I do?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Shohreh,

I am sorry to hear you are frustrated about the how long it takes for money to go from your bank account to PayPal, and then to the vendor's PayPal account. It generally takes 7 business days for money to transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account. Adding the transfer to the vendor's PayPal account will certainly add a few days on. Really, there isn't anything you can do to speed the process up.

If you contact PayPal directly from the Contact Us link we can take a look at your account to see if there is anything at all we can do, but generally like I said it would take up to 14 business days for the three transfers to complete.

-Misty

Login to Me Too

Shohreh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. It finally went through.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.