Refund not yet received although rewarded?

Bashamock

I requested a refund, the refund said complete but I havent received my money yet. It was awarded on the 6th but I havent received any money yet

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bashamock

If you funded the original paypal payment to the seller with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LLLLCPC
New Community Member

Amazing how fast the payment comes out of the bank account but takes forever to get a refund deposited back to the bank.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LLLLCPC

Not really if you get your facts right.

When you PAY someone it is never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal take the wait for your funds to transfer to paypal to reimburse them.

As they use electronic and not wire transfer it takes 5-7 working days.

Also it may not even LEAVE your bank  account from 2 hours UP TO 3 days later.

Thats why we get confused buyers on this forum stating that their item is on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet and the seller has been paid !!!!

But with a refund its the buyer this time that has to wait for the funds to clear from the sellers bank account etc so this time paypal does not take the wait.

Those are the FACTS.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.