Receiving money?

deedee5536
Contributor
Contributor

I have someone wanting to buy something from me. How do I have them put the money into my Pay Pal Account before I ship the item?

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your paypal email address identifies your paypal account

BUT beware of scammers.

1. DO NOT send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance, even if you are a new user and they are pending they will still show in your transaction history and pending balance.

2. DO NOT send as a gift to Nigeria = scam.

3. Beware of spoof emails pretending to be from paypal, if in doubt come back here.  

4. Beware of someone sending an invoice marked paid = scam......no funds in balance, they haven't paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hi read this and see if it fits >>>> apart from the fact there is no seller protection for motor vehicles i think this is a scam. 

THIS IS A SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

They will if its a vehicle tell you that they want it shipped.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

BUT beware of scammers.

1. DO NOT send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance, even if you are a new user and they are pending they will still show in your transaction history and pending balance.

3. Beware of spoof emails pretending to be from paypal, if in doubt come back here.  

4. Beware of someone sending an invoice marked paid = scam......no funds in balance, they haven't paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

deedee5536
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for this information.

it was Very helpful!

deedee5536

Login to Me Too

abraham1955
Contributor
Contributor

I've just found myself in the same position, but I am selling a vehicle, so the buyer has to pick it up from my home.  He' s insisting on using PayPal (I asked for cash only). Do you think there's a potential scam in there...?  Since I don't have to release the vehicle until payment has cleared, it would seem okay, but the wording of the potential buyer's emals is raising red flags for me.  Thoughts anyone..?

@kernowlass wrote:

BUT beware of scammers.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Hi read this and see if it fits >>>> apart from the fact there is no seller protection for motor vehicles i think this is a scam. 

THIS IS A SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

They will if its a vehicle tell you that they want it shipped.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you. They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

abraham1955
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, that' sounds about right.  We haven't got that far in yet, but I'm not even giving it the chance!  Cash only.!  Thanks so much for the speedy response!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

no problem, glad it helped.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

tommo3293
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, i havent see nit on a forum as of yet.

I have a confirmation email saying a payment has been accepted but on my PP it still says its an unclaimed Pending transaction?

any help please? 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.