Paypal Instant Transfer down?

tarheelguy
Contributor
Contributor

I cannt use the Paypal Instant Transfer method on your Paypal Prepaid Mastercard website. Is it down? 

Login to Me Too
119 REPLIES 119

Demonvial
Contributor
Contributor

THANK GOD

Login to Me Too

Wordsmyth
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't matter to me that it's working now. Yes, I will transfer my funds this time, but I am still getting the heck away from paypal and finding alternatives. Already set up Google Wallet and will be trying to use them as soon as I can get all my payments set to it, if I can... it's going to take a while, but Paypal... you are history.

Login to Me Too

tricialynn78
Contributor
Contributor
Well it's working now....what do ya know. How long did that take and WHY? I believe something doesn't seem right that it took an IT team that long to fix something minor like that.
Login to Me Too

chrisscross89
Contributor
Contributor
About effing time!!!! omg i cant even explain to you guys how frustrating these last couple days were. literally sitting by my computer and phone checking every ten minutes or so. And spending hours and hours on the phone with those incompetant customer service reps at paypal prepaid. I ran out of gas last noght and had to sleep in my car and wait for them to fix their fricking site in order to put gas in my car. I agree with some of you guys....i think i am going to say good bye to paypal after this ordeal and make a google wallet account. PEACE PAYPAL!!!
Login to Me Too

UnHappyUser9
Contributor
Contributor

I am done too!  This is too scary to not be able to have access to your money..The thing that I found out last night is that PayPal is NOT FDIC Insured, which means your money is NOT insured or protected.  

We all should take a hard look at the user agreement.  this is a hard lesson for us ALL!  At this point I don't trust anyone, not even our governement!

I am going over to Google Wallet.  

Login to Me Too

zfa069
Contributor
Contributor

****deleted content****

While I am happy that the issue is finally resolved, and now I can set about paying things that need to be paid, I'm still extremely dissatisfied with the way this all went down. At no time was there any PayPal presence on this support forum to address our concerns. They just kept feeding us warm smoke and BS. 

I'm done too. I've filed with my company to change over my payment method to Payoneer, and once that's setup, I'll be using that going forward. I'll probably keep a small amount of money in my PayPal account for things where they don't accept Payoneer payments, but I will be slowly transitioning things over. This situation has shown me that I cannot count on PayPal to handle my funds reliably. Not to mention, they've been raking me over the coals in terms of the fees that I have to pay when my company pays me. Payoneer is a lot more reasonable in terms of fees, and I won't have to worry about this fund transfer shenanigans because their card draws directly from the account. 

Login to Me Too

ShadowTrash
Contributor
Contributor
Well, they've clearly been on the forum and reading the posts since they're censoring content now. CLASSY. My money was available this morning as well despite being told yesterday that "instant" means five days. And my bank denied the payment PP was trying to take instead of letting it overdraft... lucky for me. If they hadn't lied and said money on prepaid cards get used first (after funds already in your PP acct), I wouldn't have bothered. I have a legit payment to make and a lot (to me) of money now tied up on the prepaid card that they can't seem to acknowledge exists (even though it's right there in my acct under 'cards' in the 'wallet'). I contacted them again today to tell them to use the stinking prepaid card since that's where the money is. Haven't gotten a real reply beyond the canned ones they send out. But they also sent me a survey to fill out regarding the "service" I got from them yesterday. That was fun to fill out. 😄 Hope everyone has full access to their money now. I'd suggest pulling it out as quickly as you can. Thanks to the person who posted the link for alternatives. After eBay ruined PP I don't think it'll ever be as good as it once was. I left eBay three years ago after being a "top rated"(means nothing) "power seller"(also means nothing) due to their enabling and assisting buyers in stealing money and items from sellers. Getting burned once was all I needed to close up shop. Now I guess I have to decide if PP is worth staying with. I've had very few problems with PP outside of anything to do with eBay, but it's worrisome to have them have my money and refuse me access to it.
Login to Me Too

fairfieldmetals
Contributor
Contributor

Well I'm glad people are finally getting access to their money but I still can't get to mine. I'm still getting an error message saying: error obtaining your Paypal account balance. I've spoke to the reps on the Paypal account side and on the Prepaid card side and both say It should be working. I just don't know.

Login to Me Too

jbuff4golf1
Contributor
Contributor

Just recieved the survey in my email as well.... I don't think I have ever been so negative in a survey.... EVER.

Just happy that issue is behind us.

Login to Me Too

JohnVogel

Well, apparantly I have been complete blocked from this forum due to my previous postings. I guess this is understandable as I have advocated others to leave paypal and choose a differant payment method. I also said I will be transfering over to a different payment method, and I have already set up another account. However, so many companies use paypal for instant payments and not many are using the competitors yet. So, it's a hardship to get away from paypal, however if enough people ask for a different payment method, then enough companies will see that there is dissatisfaction with paypal and will add the new payment methods. I do believe google wallet will eventually take over and paypal will be history.. maybe not this year or the next, but eventually it will happen, especially seeing that Paypal is NOT FDIC insured.

Well, I suppose this account will also get blocked from this forum, but I just wanted to say, good luck on finding a new payment method for all those who are fed up with paypal and realize there MUST be alternatives to paypal, especially after this (and so many other) fiasco.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.