Payment from 4/20 now shows pending?

2aycocks
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased books from Barnes & Noble on 4/20 paying with my PP account.  Payment went through.  Today I see the same amount showing as Pending.  The previous payment still shows up on 4/20.  Are they trying to charge me twice?  What does that mean when it shows a payment I made 3 weeks ago as now pending?  I tried to email PP but couldn't find the topic even close to my question.  Anytime I've tried to call them I am on hold for waaaaaay too long.  Any help is appreciated!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

2aycocks
Contributor
Contributor

The pending payment wasn't there several days ago.  Plus the payment shows as paid on 4/21 and is still on my account.  Another thing is that I had a problem and they said they were refunding for one book.  Got a notice from Paypal on that.  The amount that shows pending is the entire amount of the original purchase.  I'm just confused about this.  It's been a month now since the original order.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.