Payment Methods

jrp616
Contributor
Contributor

I now carry a small cash balance in my PP account, specifically to pay a recurring Microsoft mothly charge. However, now when I try to buy something online with PP, it insists on using that cash balance before allowing me to use my primary credit card. How do I prevent it from using that small cash balance as the required first source for online purchases? If I have to replenich the cash balance everytime I make an online purchase, then I'll no longer use PP for online payments. You're supposed to be making this simple & convenient, not forcing me to use a payment method that makes it all more complex.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you have funds in your PayPal account balance then that is the default funding source. 

UNLESS you use pay after delivery in which case it's always taken from your bank account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jrp616
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thx for that clarification. So where do I select this Pay After Delivery option, can it be set here as a default? or is it something I have to select on each purchase during the payment process?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.