PayPal withdrawls in China

AndyT88
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure since when, but it seems PayPal have decided to make it IMPOSSIBLE for foreigners living in China to use their services to withdraw money.

I've had a PayPal account for about a year, and wanted to link my Chinese bank card to my PayPal aaccount. But now, i have to do that through a 3rd Party, called LianLianPay. So I go to their website, which is 100% in Chinese, and sign up for an account linked to my PayPal account. So far, no problem.

But then it asks me to verify my ID. I put in my name and passport number, but it won't accept them. It won't let me verify anything.

So what am I supposed to do now? This LianLian company expects your PayPal account, ID and bank details to all match up, and won't accept any of my details, so it seems I'm completely **bleep**.

How have payPal managed to partner with a company that so completely blocks a huge portion of the PayPal user base?

Really disappointing service from PayPal, bascially making it impossible for me to get the money i have with them. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyT88

I can only speak generally as i know zilch about chinese accounts BUT >>>

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

BUT to do so they have to contact customer services who will add it for them.

Secondly you can't withdraw to a card in China, if you had a Chinese account you can only withdraw to a bank account either local OR U.S....or a cheque.

Click on the link and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AndyT88
Contributor
Contributor
Opened by PayPal in China 12 months ago, and linked Chinese bank card without issue. Closed bank 6 months ago, so unlinked account. Now opened new China bank account, trying to link to PayPal account, and can't use this stupid new LianLianPay partner. If PayPal was going to introduce a system, that doesn't allow foriegn customers to use, they should have updated customers before they did it. Now I have funds in PayPal which I can't access. I honestly don't even see how that's legal. 😞
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyT88

OK i know nothing about the third party thingy but why can't you send the funds to another Chinese person that HAS and CAN withdraw funds so they can give you the cash??

If you use the gift option then it should be fee-less !!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AndyT88
Contributor
Contributor

With all due respect; why should I need someone else to help me get access to MY money, that PayPal is now not allowing me to get? 

As I said, if PayPal aren't going to allow legit 'foriegn' customers to get their money out of their PayPal accounts, they should start putting a warning on the signups page. I certainly wouldn't be using PayPal if I knew I had to be Chinese in order to get my money, and I'm sure most other clients would feel the same.

I've emailed PayPal twice in the last 24 hours, still no reply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndyT88

Was only trying to help you find a way to access your funds, sorry i bothered.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AndyT88
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal answered my support request. And their reply showed they didn't even read my email.

Andrew, I can see that you have linked your ICBC bank account ending “xx49” successfully. You will only need to follow the steps below on how you can withdraw the funds.

Here’s how to withdraw money from your PayPal account:

1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Click Withdraw.
3.Select whether you would like to withdraw your money by bank or check.
4.Select the bank or address that you would like the money sent.
5.Review the details and then click Submit.

Obviously, the "Customer Service" person who emailed me neither read my email, nor knows anything about thsi new PayPal demand to use LianLianPay.

So if PayPal themselves know nothing about LLP, how do they expect customers to be able to use it?

Very disappointing.

Login to Me Too

diaochan
New Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet?

Login to Me Too

AndyT88
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal finally read my email, and responded, confirming their discriminating policies by telling me they only allow Chinese citizens to make direct transfers to local bank accounts. As soon as I've spent the money I have in the account, I'll be closing it down. Really disappointed in PayPal.
Login to Me Too

AndyT88
Contributor
Contributor

Wow. PayPal have deleted all of the last two days messages on this converstaion.

Another person complained about PayPal's fruadulent activities with regards not allowing foriegtn nationalities to withdrw money in China, and we were talking about options for letting the media know. But all those messages have been deleted.

The poster was named Gerotech. I get notificatiosn when there are new posts, but when i click the link, it goes to here;

/t5/Deleted-Posts/Re-PayPal-withdrawls-in-China/m-p/1039526#M54117

A total of 5 messages, both his and mine, have been deleted.

Gerotech, if you see this message, feel free to PM me and we can take it from there. I'm going to get WayBackMachine to cache this converstaion, in case PayPal decided to delete the entire conversation. I suggest everyone else does the same as they post new comments.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.