PayPal SmartConnect unlinked

Royh1965
New Community Member

I was approved for a PayPal Smartconnect account on my PayPal account that I have had for 9 years. Once the account was linked to my wallet I went back to my dashboard and clicked on the tab for PayPal Credit. I applied for that and was approved as well but I was not able to link my PayPal Credit because your only allowed one PayPal credit product. So in order to use the PayPal credit I was told by a PayPal Customer Service Rep that I would have to create a new PayPal account and I did and I began using my PayPal Credit account. When I called in to ask if could move my PayPal Credit to the account with the Smartconnect and move the Smartconnect to the account with PayPal credit, I was told yes but that PayPal would have to unlink both accounts and then I could link them on PayPal.com. The unlink was done and I was able to link my PayPal Credit to my 9 year old account. I was not able to relink the PayPal Smartconnect online and I called PayPal and I was to I had to contact Syncronhy to have it linked. I contacted Sycronhy  and I spoke with a manager named Christopher who conferenced me with PayPal for a solution. I was told that Sycronhy had to do it and Christoper attempted to explain to PayPal that he only issued  and services PayPal SmartConnect. I ended up speaking with a supervisor from PayPal who advised me that what I wanted to do with my PayPal SmartConnect account was not possible and that when the unlink was done that my PayPal SmartConnect was closed and I would have to reapply for SmartConnect. Christopher from Sycronhy told the supervisor that my SmartConnect was not closed and that I did not need to reapply. In the end I had my PayPal Credit relinked to the orginal PayPal account I created to us it and now I have a PayPal SmartConnect account I can no longer access and cannot relink to the account it was opened with. So now how do I manage and pay my Smarconnect account if I can't see it in my wallet?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bnsesq
New Community Member

I had a similar experience.  I had to establish a second PayPal account in order to manage my two credit accounts.  I have my oldest credit line, SmartConnect, connected to my business account, and a seperate business account for my PayPal Credit.  PayPal has some serious growing pains to overcome in this regard.  There is no technical reason these two credit lines cannot be accessed under the same PayPal account - credit card companies do it all the time - so why do PayPal users have to jump through these crazy hoops?  Hopefully they'll get this issue resolved soon, but its months.

Login to Me Too

PFF
Contributor
Contributor

I’m a PP "Premier Member" (for what it's worth???) and have had PP Smart Connect for 9 years. Since the addition of a PP MC earlier this year (thru Synchrony) which I refused, electing to maintain my Smart Connect acct. I've had two lengthy & frustrating discussions (totaling at least an hour, involving repeated explanations to several reps) with PP without any change in the convoluted "Statement System" (PP Statement & my Smart Connect Statement). I was told the first time that my Smart Connect acct. would be linked to my PP account. So I guess it's "linked", but it took a lengthy effort to find it under "Wallet". The first rep didn't now where to find it and the 2nd rep I talked with today who seemed experienced and knowledgeable had to ask a supervisor where to find it. I tried to register a request for a more open and clear PP "account" page to the 3 reps I spoke with today and I was told it was a Synchrony Bank issue. Then I tried to contact Synchrony Bank online (to avoid further lengthy phone time and raising my blood pressure) to ask them why they don't "link" the two accounts, clearly differentiating the “PP Statement” from the “PP Smart Connect Statement” up front on my "PP Account" page. So I tried to “register” to access Synchrony online but their form wouldn’t accept my PP “Smart Connect” account number found on my statement. So the only other option was to use their generic "Concern & Complaints" r/t anything in that Banking system. I'm sure, that if they even read it, they will say that it's a PP issue (after PayPal reps told me it's "a Synchrony Bank issue)." So I doubt any reasonable clarifying action will take place. The PP Statement system is convoluted and confusing, unlike any other I have ever encountered in decades of dealing with credit cards and payments. It is SO FRUSTRATING to spend 30+ minutes on the phone whenever there's a problem with PayPal. If they don't make a user friendly Account / Statement / Billing system soon, I am strongly considering cancelling my PP account and using my non-Synchrony CC's to pay for any online purchases. This will also limit my eBay purchases, but that's OK with me too. There's no need for this crazy convoluted PP Smart Connect credit / billing / statement system. Like others have said, it's about time they get their act together - both PayPal and their Synchrony Bank connection.

Login to Me Too

PFF
Contributor
Contributor

PS: I won 't even bother trying to use my PayPal Credit acct. (formerly Bill Me Later). Heaven only knows where I would find that statement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.