My friend sent me money but it's not there.

9ashleylauren6
Contributor
Contributor

My aunt's friend sent me money I know for a fact she sent it. Problem is I still have not recieved it. ITS NOT A SCAM I KNOW SHE SENT IT TO ME AND THE RIGHT EMAIL I WATCHED HER DO IT. But my balace is still zero I've tried everything on every fourm I've read and none of it worked including making sure the email was right can anyone help with this? I recieved a emal which I will paste below but it was no help becuase there was no button or link. The only links were at the bottom and it was help, resoultion, and security center links. Nothing to help claim my money. 

Here is the email minus the links I stated.

xxxxx sent you money!

$xxxxx

Get your money in just a few easy steps. Click the button below to get started.

Claim Your Money

Claim your $xxxx by July 8, 2016 or it will be returned to the sender.

Copyright © 1999-2016 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal PPC000471:11483319595

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@9ashleylauren6

If they are asking you to claim the money then the payment has gone to a paypal email address NOT associated with a paypal account.

This could be that you have not verified that email address or there was a typo when she sent it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

9ashleylauren6
Contributor
Contributor

I know it wasn't a typo I was sitting next to her when she Sent it I checked 3 times to make sure then when I received this email I double checked and the email is verified. And the primary email on the account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.