Moving International

fryguy233
Contributor
Contributor

We are planning on moving internationally for a period of time. Will we still be able to use our account? We will specifically be needing to recieve money and transfer money to our bank account. Will those features still be available? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fryguy233

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

The only exception is U.S users can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fryguy233
Contributor
Contributor

So if I move to Costa Rica or Dominican Republic, I would need to set up an account in that country but could link my US bank account to that account? Do you know the fees to transfer or send money to an account in those countries? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fryguy233

Yes to the first question and no idea, sorry to the second one    Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VAUTOUR110
Contributor
Contributor

I think I found a ByPass to the problem of moving country and requiring new PayPal specs to be entered for the new country...

I had moved to israel and had been told to contact PayPal Israel to set-up a new account for that "new Country" whereupon I could close the "old Country" (USA) account.

Nothing worked: Paypal Israel operations are basically a replica of PayPal USA and the errors I woud encounter doing PayPal USA - I would therefore encounter doing Paypal Israel. They are ones-and-the-same - I found. The errors would center around choosing a US STATE when configuring a new PayPal account. but this  morning, I found a successful work-around:

Stll hitting my PayPal USA During the configuration (or re-configuration) for a new account, instead of specifying a "Method of Payment" on the basis of an existing US Credit Card and existing US State of Residence, I simply opted for the offered "Paypal credit Card" means of payment - thereby bypassing the requirement for specifying a US Sate. So there is now a PayPal credit Card.

Upon specifying such, The configuration process immediately finished properly and I could see my PayPal debt displayed properly at the the right of the screen in the quadrant titled "completed". I can now go to any country in the world and do the same - as need be. Seems to me. PayPal wouldn't care if I lived in Zimbabwe now since my credit (and debt) is right on its web. And I clear my cards monthly.. I'll do the same anytime I'll need to purchase something across the world - using Paypal... I already did my purchse - today.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.