Money being paid but not showing in Wallet

alistairalexand
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I have resevied two payments into my account around 2 weeks ago, I have emails stating so but when I go on to my acount there is nothing in wallet and nothing pending,

I have seen people saying about changing it to Dollars and stuff but it has been paid in Brittish pound and that is what my acount is set on.

These are the first two payments I have resevied on PayPal so I dont have a lot of knowledge on the whole PayPal thing just yet. 

So I am hoping for your help. Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I know you said it does not apply to you but if you have had the new paypal format try this anyway, if not come back for another possible solution.

Go and click on this icon ">" next to your paypal balance in your paypal account summary and click on "manage currencies". Then add or re-add sterling or whatever currency you need to accept and the money should show up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alistairalexand
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I have just tried youre salution and still nothing. 

I thank you for the reply and if you have any other saggestions please let me know. 

ThankYou! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok next try >>

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alistairalexand
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

No I haven't bought anything since 

I still have to link my bank to my acount but that souldn't make a diffrence should it? 

I'm sure ive seen someone say it could take up to 21 days to show, do you know anything about that? 

Once again thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I still have to link my bank to my acount but that souldn't make a diffrence should it? 

Yes because that verifies your account to receive payments.

someone say it could take up to 21 days to show, do you know anything about that? 

Incorrect, payments will always show in your paypal account balance and you don't send an item until they do.

However if you are a new seller you may be subject to the 21 day hold BUT the funds will still show in your paypal account balance but show as "pending".

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alistairalexand
Contributor
Contributor

So if I link my bank it will show? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Should do yes, but you would need to confirm you bank account with the 4 digit code sent to your bank account and then give it a couple of days to play catch up.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alistairalexand
Contributor
Contributor

Ok 

Thanks a lot! great help 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.