Mastercard Gift Card Troubles

Hawkeyz42
Contributor
Contributor

So recently I have been attempting to make payments through PayPal with my Prepaid Mastercard Gift Cards but the transactions will not go through. Today I decided I will call the PayPal support and inquire about the difficulty I have been having. They told me nothing was wrong and told me to call the Mastercard Gift Card customer service. So I did just that after 5 min of trying to get transfered to an agent they finally told me that my cards both had a Block Merchant on them. I being the uneducated High school student I am does not know what that means. So please help me I could really use it.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you don't have a name and address registered with the card issuer, PayPal cannot verify the card's owner and won't allow you to link or use it.

Login to Me Too

Hawkeyz42
Contributor
Contributor

I do have my card registered through the card's site.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Suggest contacting the card issuer again and requesting an understandable explanation.

Login to Me Too

Hawkeyz42
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I'll try that

Login to Me Too

ShadowMario3
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's a problem on Paypal's end. I had no problem paying through my Bank's Debit MasterCard until today around 7pm Eastern for some odd reason. It was working earlier in the day though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.