Make a Payment

blocked
New Community Member

I chose 6 months no payments and 6 months no interst for a Bill-Me-Later purchase several months back and I'd like to pay the balance before it starts accruing interest, but the make a payment page only says that the balance due is $0.00...  How do I bypass this?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

janie500
Contributor
Contributor

You will NOT have to pay ANY amount of interested (even if your account page shows you have accumulated some) UNTIL the six months are up.  And then, only if you have not paid it off before six months are up.

So, I would hold off till it shows on your "make a payment" page, and then pay it all off during the first 5 months.  Pay no interest at all no matter what "interest accumulated" is showing.  You won't owe any, it just gets cancelled.

Login to Me Too

Isabel56
I will like to have the six months no interest package, I will also want a statement each month so I can pay at a time until I am done at the end of six monthsI will like to start paying off my bill stat.Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Isabel56

janie500
Contributor
Contributor

Isabel:

I don't think they send out paper statements for Paypal Credit Account.  Your only "statement" is online.  I think you can open up a statement page and print that out if you like.  Go ahead and apply for the 6-months-credit with no interest AT ALL if you pay the complete balance by the end of the 6 month period. 

Ebay will automatically make any purchase over $100 a "6-months-credit balance-no-interest-for-6-months", which is nice.  You can see this separate charge in it's own section on your Paypal Credit page, along with the interest as it adds up.

HOWEVER, whenever you make a payment to Paypal Credit it automatically pays off your lesser charges (which were purchases for less than $100) FIRST.  Ant then if there is a remainder it will automatically be credited to the 6-months-credit-no-interest charges, with the oldest 6-months-credit balance being credited first.

When I have wanted my whole payment to go on that 6-months-credit balance, I have made a phone call but it was difficult and they did not always apply it the way I wanted.  So keep this issue in mind.  Maybe they do it this way because your "regular" purchases are actually charging you interest monthly, while your 6-months-credit purchases aren't charging you anything, so this actually is saving you $$.  Also, they did tell me on the phone that one or two months before your 6-months-credit balances become "due" they will apply your full payment automatically to that.

So that's not really  too worrysome.

There is also a separate PAYPAL CREDIT CARD (NOT your Paypal Debit Master Card that you can use anywhere), which you can get from Paypal Credit that is good for stores like Home Depot and Lowe's, but cannot be used generally in stores at all.  Your Paypal Credit Account is basically only good for online purchases.  Try not to overspend, LOL!!!

Login to Me Too

weasle94
Contributor
Contributor

HOW OR WHERE DO I get to your site to make a payment ? it used to be on the same page.Why did you change it ?

Login to Me Too

lkl1
New Community Member

This paypal and bill me later is the most confusing billin,payment, credit card I've ever experienced. I get and email of my statement and I try to make a payment after logging in from my email I recieve from paypal and then there is no where to pay my bill. Then whenever I use paypal, on ebay for instance, it comes directley out of my Wells Fargo account even though it says I have a credit enough for the purchase on my account. Then I get an insufficiant notice from my back....this has happened multiple times. This has been an ongoing issue since the bill me later and paypal merged and ebay and paypal are...almost merge. It's very confusing and customer service is almost impossible to get a hold of and when you do they act as if paypal/billmelater...is very simple to use but can't really explain how to use it.

Login to Me Too

LiveFree1200cc
New Community Member

see my post below it explains it

Login to Me Too

rroman49
Contributor
Contributor

I tried making a payment, however, It ended up costing me an overdraft fee, from my bank, BECAUSE, I CANNOT MAKE A PAYMENT ON YOUR NEW PROGRAM!!!  ( I hope you fired the idiot that is accountable for this MESS! )

@lkl1 wrote:

This paypal and bill me later is the most confusing billin,payment, credit card I've ever experienced. I get and email of my statement and I try to make a payment after logging in from my email I recieve from paypal and then there is no where to pay my bill. Then whenever I use paypal, on ebay for instance, it comes directley out of my Wells Fargo account even though it says I have a credit enough for the purchase on my account. Then I get an insufficiant notice from my back....this has happened multiple times. This has been an ongoing issue since the bill me later and paypal merged and ebay and paypal are...almost merge. It's very confusing and customer service is almost impossible to get a hold of and when you do they act as if paypal/billmelater...is very simple to use but can't really explain how to use it.

Ron

Login to Me Too

LiveFree1200cc
New Community Member

I explain it in my post below

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.