Itunes preauthorized billing limit set to $500 per month

Creedence
New Community Member

I put Itunes in for preauthorized payments so I could download music and apps and when I look into my profile it says that the preauthorized amount for purchases is $500 per month.  That is a ridiculous amount that I would never spend and I don't want someone to get access and be able to rack up that much in charges.  I can see where I can cancel the preauthorization but I don't see where I can change the billing limit to something much more reasonable.  Can someone please help me out with this.  The other reason I need to have this itunes preauthorization on my paypal account is because I can't even download free apps on my iphone without there being a preauthorization for itunes in my paypal account.  If someone has a way around that, I'd like to know that also.  I would appreciate anyone's feedback.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yeah, there is no way to change that from our end, unfortunately.  I think that is how iTunes have it set up in their PayPal integration.  You have $500? Mines say $5,0000! LOL  But they're old, canceled profiles from 2008. I think that is why I have several canceled profiles.  Just go in and cancel them after making purchase.  They will set up another Preapproved payment profile next time I purchase and I'll just delete it again, no biggie.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Creedence
New Community Member

That's what I thought about doing but I was hoping there was a way around that.  I guess itunes is willing to foot the bill for fraudulent charges.  I did contact them about some charges that may or may not have been made by my daughter that I saw on my account and I called them and they cancelled them right away.  I was pleased with that.  Thanks for answering.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.